Frameworks

This week we looked at frameworks and other models for teaching and learning.  The Dimensions of Learning was very interesting and got me thinking about what framework I shall use while on prac.  As I looked investigated, researched and pulled on my prior knowledge of frameworks, I feel confident in using Bloom’s Taxonomy, 5E’s, or TELSTAR.

Bloom’s Taxonomy

1. Understanding
  2. Remembering
  3. Applying
  4. Analysing
  5. Evaluating and
  6. Creating

5 E’s

1. Engage
  2. Explore
  3. Explain
  4. Elaborate and
  5. Evaluate

TELSTAR

1. Tune in
  2. Explore
  3. Look for information
  4. Sort the information
  5. Test
  6. Act and
  7. Reflect

All these frameworks have their positives and negatives and all have elements that work well for me, my personal philosophy and teaching context.  Before I go out on prac I suppose it will be one of my tasks to ensure I have decided upon a framework and prepare myself for the learning journey ahead.  I must say that I am having mixed feelings about prac at the moment, like Mrs Poulter, preparation for prac ahead of time can be a great asset.  Even if you are unsure of where you will be going (although it helps to know) preparing your mind and your tool-belt with ICT’s ready for prac can still be very daunting.  I am feeling excited and nervous about my prac, but can not wait to be back in the classroom.  I LOVE IT!!

Primary Connections has a great summary of the 5 E’s

Bloom’s TaxonomyI found this great Pinterest site where a fellow member  has pinned teaching and learning ideas for Blooms, there are a tonne of great ideas.

TELSTAR – found this wiki page that not only summaries TELSTAR but other frameworks

One thought on “Frameworks

1. Pingback: a young teacher's walk » Blog Archive » 5 E’s MODEL